Thursday, June 19, 2008

Spirits?

One thing about working in a hospital is..... the never ending speculation of are there spirits?

My friend Rosalie says that every time a patient dies that she believes they linger around the hospital for at least an hour.

So I was sitting in the office with the night nursing supervisor and shes giving me report about what went on over night and what I can expect during the day as per usual. Then she starts telling me how tired she was cause she worked all night (12 hours) But was up and at the hospital at 1pm the day before as one of her friends was in the hospital dying.

I tell her how sorry I am to hear that and she explains that yea he was really sick so hes in a better place now.

Then we both go back to our respective jobs when all of a sudden a huge pile of paper that was tucked into one of the other supervisors' mailbox neatly suddenly goes flying. (I dont see it happen but i hear it.)

She was shocked and said hey I didnt do anything and pages one of the other staff that knew this friend to come look.

They both were a little shaken and said yea that is something their friend might have done. A way of saying i'm still here and I am still a prankster.

I guess I woulda been shaken too but I didnt know the person who had passed. But I did admit that the papers logically shouldnt have "Fallen" like that. In fact I was there when that supervisor was telling me that she had finally gone through her cubby and cleaned out alot of stuff. Everything was in there nice and neat and flat.

Makes you wonder doesn't it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe in that sort of stuff. But I grew up in a house that seemed kind of haunted. Sometimes I'd see a shadowy figure and my friends and I would feel a really creepy bad feeling for no apparent reason.

Anonymous said...

Um... I just realized that though I happily announced that I found your blog I never told you who I was! It's Dmien!